Applications are now open for Mitacs Global Research Internship Program in Canada 2022.The Mitacs Global Internship Program (MGIP) is a 12-week paid professional experience in Canada that covers the entire cost of living. More than 2000 students from all across the world have gone through this program over the past years. If you are a student, you must have come across some of the internship opportunities available through the program. Both men and women can apply!
To apply, you must be eligible and meet the following criteria:
1. A full-time student in a graduate or PhD program
2. You are currently enrolled in a graduate or PhD program in science, technology, engineering or mathematics-
What is Mitacs Global Internship Program?
Mitacs, the national research institute for advanced sciences and technology in Canada, the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC), and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) have partnered together to bring you this 12-week research internship in Canada. For the eleventh consecutive year, they invite students from all across the world to participate in the program. The program’s goal is to bridge the gap between academia and the world of business and industry.
Check:European Union internship Program 2021 | Fully Funded
Where is the program hosted?
This summer, the training will be held by more than 70 participating universities.
Globalink Research Internships are available in all disciplines, including science, engineering, mathematics, and the humanities and social sciences.
What are the benefits of fully funded internship?
The Mitacs Globalink Summer Research Internship benefits:
- The interns will receive a stipend for student enrollment fees up to $300.
- The successful applicant can go to Canada for a round free trip.
- The interns will be transported from the airport in Canada to their place of residence.
- Students will receive housing stipends from the host university.
- We’ll cover the cost of your medical insurance.
- The interns will be able to attend industry events and professional development courses free of charge.
- A Globalink Research Completion Certificate will award upon completion of the Globalink Research project.
Mitacs Global Research Internship in Canada 2022 have the following Eligibility Criteria.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Enrolled on a Full-Time Undergraduate or Master’s Degree Program.
- Available in Canada between May 1 to July 31, 2022, for a 12-week internship.
- If possible, at least three and no more than seven projects should apply, with three Canadian provinces represented in the selection process.
Required Documents for Internship:
The following Documents are Required To enrol Mitacs Global Research internship in Canada 2022
- In either English or French, an official transcript from the Home University.
- At least one letter of recommendation from a professor or a supervisor of your research
- Experience in Research on a Curriculum Vitae.
- It would be best if you had a passport that is valid until at least January 2023.
- Personal Statement.
Mitacs Global Research Internship in Canada 2022 applications are due by September 22, 2021.
How to apply for this program?
For the Global Summer Internship in Canada, the application process is online. To apply, please visit the Mitacs Global Summer Internship Canada Official Website.
Conclusion: If you are a student considering Canada for your higher studies or career growth, this is the right time to spend your summer with a Canadian mentor working on research projects.
Check:OECD paid internship in France for international students 2021-22